Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Can you believe the Holiday’s are fast approaching? Not going to lie, I was totally busting out the Christmas decorations once noon hit on November 11th. With that being said though, I have yet to start my Christmas shopping! Every year I give myself the same promise that I will not be running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off the week of Christmas yet every year I am! I don’t normally do gift guide posts but this year I had so many ideas running through my head that I figured, why not share them?!
Gift guide posts can get very overwhelming fast so I’ve decided to keep each of mine to a maximum of 7-10 products.
*Please note this post contains some affiliate links. Full disclaimer details here.
For The Couple Celebrating Their First Home:
1. Slow Cooker – I’ve had my Crockpot for a while now but have only just started to use it frequently and I don’t know what took me so long! They run in a variety of sizes and price ranges so I’m sure you will have no problems finding one to fit your budget. Did you know that you can now get wi-fi enabled Crockpots?! I’m still not 100% sure my thoughts on them but the idea of starting supper as I’m sitting at my desk in the office seems amazing. A nice touch would be to pair this gift with one of your favorite recipe books. One of my favorites is Oh She Glows Every Day.
2. Nespresso – I mean, are you even surprised? We have enjoyed using ours non stop since bringing it home. There something about chatting over a homemade latte on a Saturday morning that has become a lovely ritual in our weekend routine. There are so many coffee makers out there that I feel it’s hard to justify spending the money on a Nespresso if you don’t drink latte’s on the regular. This is why a Nespresso would make a fantastic gift. There are so many options to make a lot of delicious drinks. I would personally gift it with the ingredients to make my favorite skinny vanilla latte.
3. Cozy Fleece Throw – There is nothing better than curling up on the couch with a drink in hand to watch your favorite show – noting! Soft throws are a must in our home for this season lol. My hands down favorite blankets are from Costco. They are incredibly soft, come in great neutral colors and are priced very well. We have about three of them all over our house and they are great for adding over your bedding if it’s a chilly night. I was in Chapters Indigo last week and noticed they currently have a Cabin Cozy Blanket that, dare I say it, is even softer than the Costco throw! I picked one up for my mother as she is always raving about ours.
4. Fancy Cookware – One of the greatest gifts I’ve received when moving into my first apartment was a nice set of pots and pans – Paderno to be exact! It’s funny because I never would have guessed how expensive a nice set would be so I am very thankful they were gifted to me. That and they better last until I’m 50! lol Now, I’m not saying you have to go out and buy a full kitchen set but even buying one nice piece to start or add to their collection would be a great gesture. I recently seen someone post this Le Creuset Heart Cocotte in the Bonbon shade on Instagram and I immediately fell in love. How darling would this look on your stovetop? (I can’t believe I just said the word darling.)
5. Wireless Speaker – This is a must in our home, I do not know what we would do without our Bose Soundlink Wireless Speaker that I got B for Christmas last year. It’s great for hosting parties, having a radio in the background while cooking dinner or even listening to audiobooks and podcasts. I’ve tried a lot of bluetooth speakers and haven’t found one that compares to the sound quality of Bose. They offer a great variety of options and the sound quality is out of this world.
6. Candle – We all know that I’m no stranger to loving a yummy smelling house and that’s why I often give the gift of candles. I take note every time a certain person is in our home and comments on the candle I’m burning then file that thought away for the next gift giving season. Candles can range from a wide variety of prices so be sure to keep an eye out for BOGO deals. Bath and Body Works candles are very pricey when they are not on sale BUT during this time of year they drop down in price drastically so you can get one of their great smelling candles for the price of a Walmart brand. Just don’t buy someone a Walmart brand candle. I’ve personally done it and while they smell great in the container, it stinks up your house! I currently have my eyes on this Vanilla & Maple Syrup candle from Chapters that I hope find it’s way under my tree this year 😉
7. A Bottle To Share + Matching Glasses – I’m sure we can all agree that this is the perfect pairing for any gift giving occasion. You can never go wrong with a nice bottle of wine. If I’m unsure of what the recipient will enjoy, I personally love gifting my favorite wines. It’s a nice touch and ensures they know you’re thinking of them! It’s no secret that one of my favorite brand it’s Two Oceans. Their wine tastes amazing and the price point for the quality you’re getting is out of this world. Another gift I received when moving into my first apartment was a really nice set of stemmed wine glasses that I still have to this day. If you’re looking to grab a nice set at a fraction of the cost, definitely check your local Winners & Marshalls. If you’re going for a more casual gift, I would pair your wine with stemless glasses.