Another day, another Gift Guide for you 😉
Since bringing my dog back to live with us, I’ve once again realized all the necessities that come with having a pet. From the right food to toys to accessories – there is a lot to pick up and definitely a lot of options. Below is the list I’ve compiled filled with some of my all time favorites and new discoveries as well. Hopefully your dog enjoys them as much as mine!
*Please note this post contains some affiliate links and gifted items. Full disclaimer details here.
1. Great Tasting Healthy Food – For many years, my dog was solely on wet food. When I brought him up to Halifax to stay with us I noticed his breath wasn’t the best and after speaking with a few people, I decided to incorporate some dry food into his diet. After going back and forth on what brand to feed him, I settled with Nutrience because of their amazing ingredients.
2. Cozy Sweater – Our dog loves being dressed, like absolutely loves it. So much that after he gets a bath and is dried to goes over to his pile of shirts (yes he has many lol) until you grab one and put it on him. One of my favorite places to grab sweaters for him is Winners as they always have a great variety for awesome prices but I couldn’t pass up the bright stripes of this sweater from The Hudson Bay.
3. Pupkin Spice Latte Toy – LOL I seriously can’t with this freaking toy, everytime I look at it I find myself laughing. I was recently sent some fun dog toys from barkshop.com and Charlie is loving them. I’m sure many of you have heard of Bark Box subscription, Barkshop.com is your dog’s favorite website including exclusive Bark original collections and everything that doesn’t fit into their monthly delivery box. I have gone through a lot of toys with Charlie and I can’t get over the quality of these. They are heavy but not too heavy and beyond durable.
4. Comfy Bed – While our dog sleeps in our bed and if yours does the same, I think it’s a great idea to have an established place that they can call their own as well, doesn’t that sound funny? lol. I can’t get over the quality of Kirkland dog beds that are available at Costco. There are a few that seem better than most mattresses!
5. Crumblin’ Kevin Toy – When I say Charlie loses his sh!t for this toy, I mean it. It’s hilarious because the toy is about half his size for watching him try to get a good grip on is quite the scene. This toy has a “goofy giggle” instead of a squeak which is also hilarious and when he finally gets it to make the noise – he doesn’t know what to do with himself! He was also gifted the Pete’s Plate of Cookies and Chilly’s Paw Warmers that I’m actually currently using as Christmas decor but shhhh, don’t tell the dog 😉
6. Poop Bags – A must in our ass. There is nothing more annoying than seeing someone out walking their dog and having it crap all over the place, especially in someone’s yard then they walk away without picking it up! Even if we let Charlie out in our yard I pick it up right away so you can just imagine how many little baggies we go through. I prefer the lavender scented ones because there is nothing worse than bending down to pick up dog sh!t and smelling … well … dog sh!t!
7. Kong Classic – Yes, yes – another toy listed but this one is magical. You see, for being a solid 8 pounds when soaking wet – Charlie can rip anything to shreds. I can’t even tell you how many toys I have thrown away from him only having them under an hour. It’s crazy though because despite him blowing through toys, not ONCE has he ever eaten anything that he is not suppose to! *knocks on wood*.
8. I Just Want To Hang With My Dog Tee – Okay so maybe this one is technically for me and I sneaked it in but how cute is it?!