Like I mentioned on Twitter a few weeks ago, I actually made my mom her Mother’s Day gift this year. Well technically B made it but I helped picked out the supplies, spray painted the finished product and delivered it to her so technically I helped make it right?! I didn’t get a chance to grab a picture of the finished product but we made her a How to Tell Time sign and she absolutely loved it!
So while I already have my mother’s gift taken care of this year, I decided to compile a list of 5 last minute gifts she would enjoy that I’m sure some of the mother’s in your life would as well! Luckily and much like myself, my mother is super chill and enjoys practical gifts so a few of the items listed below may have you thinking “duh!” or “you think that’s a Mother’s day gift?!” but trust me, she would love to receive any of them.
1. Fresh Flowers: I recently discovered 1-800-FLOWERS and the website basically blew my mind. HOW have I gone so long without knowing about this website? As you know I live roughly a 4 hour car ride from my parents so having the option to get fresh flowers delivered to my mom wasn’t something that I thought was possible. Little did I know that 1-800-FLOWERS existed and makes it super easy for you to have fresh flowers delivered all around to someone you love.
2. Fun Water Bottle: Who doesn’t love yummy tasting water? I love this Asobu one from Chapters Indigo, it has great reviews and comes in her favorite color! In the summer my mom is always on the go with my little sister and much like me, she enjoys flavored waters so this would be the perfect little added gift for you.
3. Her Favorite Wine: My mom and aunt make batches of homemade wine so there is never a shortage in the house but I always like to grab one of her favorite bottles to open up when she has guests over. I have my mom hooked on Two Oceans wine and she is always raving about how much she enjoys their Shiraz. If you’re looking for a fairly priced yet great tasting red, I highly suggest grabbing a bottle of Two Oceans.
4. Mascara & Makeup Remover: The only makeup my mom typically wears is mascara and a bit of eyeshadow. Her favorite mascara is Clinique but much like some of your mothers I would think, she refuses to spend $25+ on mascara for herself so I always try to grab her one to include in any gift. I usually include a nice makeup remover as well to ensure she is getting every last bit of makeup off each day. Clinique usually has gift sets with both products so it works out nicely price wise.
5. A Meaningful Piece of Jewelry: Last Christmas I got my mom her first Pandora bracelet and she absolutely loves it. I love it as well because now I have a guaranteed gift idea for every holiday! Pandora currently has some beautiful pieces that would make a great Mother’s Day gift like this tree of hearts charm. If a charm bracelet isn’t something your mother would get use from, another great and meaningful idea is getting a dainty necklace with the initials for you and our siblings. One of my favorite shops Elisabeth Ashlie offers a gorgeous personalized family necklace starting at just $30.