I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Mine was spent painting. It took me practically all Saturday and half of yesterday but I can say that I fully painting the bathroom myself! Just don’t ask me how I’m feeling today because my bones are that sore I could barely put my pants on this morning…
Besides the fact that I currently can’t lift my arms over my head, today I wanted to talk to you about five of my favorite ways to turn a bad day around. The world is just a crazy place and I’m sure we all have a lot going on in our lives so it can be hard to let a few negative things that happen not ruin your whole outlook.Because everyone has them, 5 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around | Click To Tweet
1. Have a Moment of Gratitude: This is by far, one of my favorites ways to snap out of a rather hateful mood. For me personally, it’s hard to not take every little thing in life personally. I will easily let a co-worker’s mood or a customers angry tone get right to me and ruin the rest of my day even if their attitude wasn’t directed towards me. It’s important to take five minutes to yourself and sit there, truly just sit there and give thanks for all that you have. No I may not be driving an expensive car or buying a $7 latte daily but I’m healthy, my family is healthy and life is pretty good.
2. Treat Yo Self: Nothing and I mean nothing, can turn my mood around quite like a new lipstick. It doesn’t even have to be a YSL either, I can browse the aisles of Walmart for a new Maybelline lipstick and it will completely turn my mood around but with that being said though, no this doesn’t mean going out and dropping unnecessary dollars. Find something that brings you life but you don’t get to enjoy all the time. Maybe it’s making yourself your favorite cup of tea at home and snuggling up with a good book or perhaps it’s indulging in 30 minutes if the Real Housewives. Regardless if what “you time” classifies as, take the moments out of your day to enjoy them.
3. Give a Compliment: Because nothing makes you feel a million bucks like seeing the look on someone else’s face when you give them a compliment. This can be complimenting someone’s outfit to simply holding the door for someone. It still amazes me that people don’t wait to hold the door for someone who is two feet behind them! Have we all really gotten so busy that our hectic lives have replaced daily manners?
4. Get Your Endorphins Going: Working out, ew – I’m always the first to say that. Sometimes it can take me up to a half hour to mentally and physically force myself out of the house to take a walk but you can get your booty that 9.9 out of ten times I always walk back into the house feeling a lot better and refreshed.
5. Dance It Out: Don’t laugh! Have you ever watched one of Jaclyn Hill’s snapchat stories when her and her friends are giving it in her living room to old school J LO? They give me LIFE and just watching them puts me in a instantly better mood. So they next time you’re feeling down, blast your favorite Spotify playlist and give ‘er either in the comfort of your own house or on your way home for work (just please pay attention to the road!). I guarantee you’ll feel better!