This week flew by but that could also be because I was feeling under the weather on Monday so didn’t make it into the office and because of that, I have been flat out all week and haven’t had a chance to sit down and blog. Thankfully I had a post scheduled for Wednesday which almost never happens lately. I was fortunate enough to receive quite a few PR packages this week and decided to start today’s Friday Five with showing you some of the goodies I’ve received!
1. Lypsyl Yummy Sticks Lip Balm: This is by far one of the items I was most excited about when I found out they were being shipped to me. I actually purchased the Lypsyl Yummy Stick in Sea Salt & Caramel myself a few weeks ago at Walmart (because hey, I’m a sucker for any lip balm and it was only $1.49!) and it stays in my desk at work. I can’t wait to try out the Passion Fruit & Chocolate but I’m trying to hold off on finishing a few other products before I allow myself to open it. I must admit, I don’t know how I feel about the Sweet Mint & Basil flavor but we shall see when I open up that one as well. These lip balms are beyond amazing and give yourself plenty of moisture, probably from the shea butter and coconut oil, without feeling to sticky or glossy. First by looking at the flavors you would think they probably smell and taste very artificial but even though I’ve only tried one so far, the smell is amazing and pure caramel!
2. Bodycology: You guys know how I feel about anything vanilla, #givemeitall. I remember being obsessed with Bodycology products all through Jr High and High School, I can’t even remember how many bottles of their Marshmallow spray I went through. What I love most about Bodycology products and much like the Lypsyl Yummy Sticks is that the scents actually smell nice and not like a bunch of chemicals have been mixed together. I’m not a fan of the body cream texture and how it made my skin feel so I would skip on that but the body wash is already in my shower and I haven’t noticed it drying out my skin. The fragrance mist is kept by my door because since we are not allowed to wear perfume in my office, I just spritz a bit of that on before I walk out the door
All Bodycology products shown above can be purchased at Walmart for $6.97 each.
3. Shopping for Jeans: Want to know what’s worse than shopping for jeans and having to try them on? Shopping for jeans for someone else!!! I’ve been after my boyfriend for weeks now, no months, to get new jeans and everytime we try to pick them out they are either too light of a wash, the leg is too loose or the buttons are wrong – oh my god. I may hurt that man before we come home with new jeans!
3. Budget: I finallllllllly sat down and created a budget spreadsheet for myself this past week and am trying my hardest to write down every cent that I spend each day. My main goal is to try and cut my daily coffee spending along with using up the makeup products I currently own before buying anymore. So far it’s been going great ….. but it’s only been 3 days hahaha Hopefully I can keep it up!
3. Reusable Coffee Mug: Following the above, I’m really trying to limit the amount of times per week that I purchase coffee from either McDonald’s or Starbucks and trying to make my morning coffee at home each day. With that being said though, I have yet to find a reusable coffee mug that keeps my drink hot from the drive home to work and isn’t bulky. I use to have this Contigo one but I made the mistake of putting cinnamon in it and that made the stainless steel develope a foul smell that even after 10+ washes I gag every time I open it. Do you have a favorite reusable mug?
Have a fantastic weekend!
*** I received the above PR products for free with no obligation to post about them. All opinions and images are my own. ***