Hello from Newfoundland!
It’s actually Wednesday afternoon when I’m typing this but by the time it goes live I’ll be in NL. I’m beyond excited to finally get there and can’t wait to spend some time exploring. Here is this weeks Friday Five for you 🙂
1. Bright lipsticks and McDonald’s $1 any size coffee have been practically the only things getting me through these last few weeks.
2. I can’t stop obsessing over the above bright pink sweater I picked up from Urban Planet the last time I was home – for only $13! I’m kicking myself in the butt for not getting this ruffle bell sleeve cardigan as well. I also picked up this shirt from Dynamite in the same vivid pink color that I can’t wait to wear!
3. I was graciously gifted a $50 gift card to The Sunglass Hut from HSC along with a few other goodies and I can’t want to pick up a new pair of Ray Bans! I was originally going to use to towards a Christmas present but I realized no one on my shopping list needs a new pair of shades.
4. I don’t follow a lot of “fashion bloggers” for two reasons, the first being there is no way I can afford the $500 jeans and $99 plain white t-shirt they pimp out and the second being there is no way I would ever wear some of the crazy items they showcase (a faux fur shawl to work anyone?). I do enjoy reading Krista’s blog, Covering The Bases. Her style is semi preppy without throwing bows and plain in your face. Her recent What I Wore to Work: October post and he saying YES! after each outfit. There was a lot of great pieces that I could definitely see myself wearing.
5. Speaking of #fbloggers – is it just me that can not handle “try on sessions”?? Like, when did this become a thing? From what I can gather you pretty much go into a store, make 5789 Instastories of yourself trying a crap load of clothes on in the dressing room whispering like a creep into the camera so we can see how it fits (be sure to size up if you’re a half size!) with absolutely no intentions of buying anything?! Last weekend I was watching someone’s Instastories and they literally said “Do you guys want me to go to Loft and do a try on sessions with some of my favorite items that I’ve purchased or just a blog post?” – and they did! Like if you have most of the clothes sitting in your closet, why can’t you just show us them?
I actually feel bad for the Nordstrom workers who see bloggers strutting in with their suitcase and phone charges. I hope ya’ll at least help putting the clothes back where they belong!