Happy Friday everyone! Part of me feels like this week has flown by, the other part feels like I barely made it to Friday – every have one of those weeks?
- I was recently sent a few Beautycounter products to test out and have been obsessed with the peppermint lip conditioner. I’m a sucker for any lip balms but I love a nice deep conditioner to apply as I’m doing my makeup in the morning and before heading to bed at night. I also received the charcoal cleansing bar that I can’t wait to try out this weekend. Emily recently wrote a great post on the product along with another blogger that I can’t remember for the life of me right now, so it was the perfect timing to receive it in the mail!
- On Wednesday, after a very shitty Monday and Tuesday, I told B I wanted to treat myself to a nice bottle of red wine. Keep in mind for me a nice bottle is something around $15-25 😉 We just had over 100 beer delivered from Quebec (I wish I was joking, I told him that better last us all summer) but luckily he was out of whiskey so he was more than willing. I decided to pick up Apothic Crush and oh my gosh, it was tasty! I haven’t had a glass of red in a while so the first few sips were hard to get down but after that, I really enjoyed it.
- We are planning a trip to Toronto next month as a mini summer kickoff vacation slash a “hey we built a house and didn’t kill each other” celebration. I’m kind of excited but life is still pretty busy that half the time I completely forgot about it. This will be my first time going to TO and I’d love to hear your recommendations for things we need to see/do in the downtown area! (I’m looking at you, Wendy!) Right now the list consists of a brewery tour, Jay’s games, Niagara Falls and of course, hunt down some cute coffee shops 😉
- My blogging this week has been, slacking we will say. It’s funny because in last weeks Friday Five I mentioned how I wanted to get more inspired with my blog and la la la. While I do have plenty of ideas floating around in my head that I want to bring to life, finding the time to do so lately is the struggle.
- Any plans for the weekend? Mine is going to be spent finally cleaning out my car (seriously my dash is so dust it’s shameful), hopefully packing a few things up at my apartment and finally getting to open all of the packages I received this week. It’s funny how you can go weeks without receiving a PR package then all of a sudden you’re getting notes from the post office let on your door daily. Also, SUSHI! We haven’t gone for sushi in so long and lately it feels like that’s all I see popping up everywhere. I must get my hands on some!