Every head into Walmart to grab a few grocery items and end up blacking out in the cosmetic aisles only to drop almost $50 on give new Wet n Wild products after noticing they have a new freshly stocked display or is that just me? #ops
I think these products were released in the US monthsssssss ago (as is everything) but they are finally starting to pop up here in Canada! I really had no intentions of buying any makeup that day but when I seen this display all I could think about was seeing certain bloggers feature some of these products and well I just hadddddd to try them myself you know?My local Walmart FINALLY stocked some of the new @wetnwildbeauty products and here are my thoughts. Click To Tweet
1. Photo Focus Foundation: I was so excited to try this foundation after seeing amazing reviews online and was surprised to see the full color range stocked at my local Walmart for $7.99. As with all drugstore foundations, trying to color match myself in the store was challenging but I was able to get a decent match. This foundation comes in a glass bottle with a flat spatula like applicator which I actually kind of enjoyed. The only downfall was this foundation did have a slight chemical-y smell but nothing that lingered around after the product was applied. I have a very oily t-zone and like every foundation that I’ve used, this product did end up oxidizing on my nose throughout the day but other than that it help us pretty nicely with a setting powder.
2. Perfect Pout Gel Lip Liner: I picked this up in the shade Never Petal Down because hello no matter how many lip products I already have, home girl can not turn down a mauve-y pink. The consistency of this liner amazing, it glides on your lips so smoothly and the color payoff is great. I love wearing it under MAC’s Hue to make the lip a little pinkier.
3. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick: Oh my godddddddddddddd, I absolutely hated this product. I can’t even tell you exactly what shade I bought because I threw it in the trash. Yes, it was that bad. I want to say I got a pinky color because I remember the horror on my face when it turned salmon-y orange when I applied it instead. The applicator was okay but the texture was terrible, perhaps I got a bad tube because even with it being a liquid lip product, the formula was beyond dry and tacky on my lips.
4. MegaGlo Highlight Stick: I’m a sucker for cream highlighter so I couldn’t get my hands on their highlight stick fast enough. In the warmer months I usually stick with cream highlighters as they apply and look amazing, especially when my oily skin is 10X oilier. I was worried this shade would have too much of a pink undertone on my warm skin but it didn’t and looks amazing! Plus the “jumbo pencil” like applicator makes it a breeze to apply.
5. MegaGlo Highlighting Powder: I also picked up one of their powder highlighters because this one reminded me of a Becca shade that I have but the name is escaping me at the moment. You guys, this highlighter is everything. It adds the perfect glow to your skin without being too much. Plus the powder is very finely milled so you end up with a soft glow that doesn’t look too chunky. I’m SO glad I picked this one up because my Becca one broke into a million pieces months ago and I’ve been refusing to throw it out because I loved the shade so much.
I’m also dying to pick up the Photo Focus Concealer but everytime I’m at Walmart they are sold out! Here’s to hoping they will have it there